Sunday, January 22, 2006

Swirl

It's Manny Pacquiao's big day. Let's go Manny, though my scientific side would put money on Erik Morales - but you're kabayan and deserve all the love...

I had a great picker-upper from Candice's blog, particularly her quote about "Only a man who is happy can create happiness in others." Words to live by.

I can't bring myself to work. According to John Gray (Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus) in his other works, my procrastination is the result of a lack of hope - hope that I will succeed. Let's hope (pun intended) that such is not the case...

Thoughts of the desert that everyday recedes as humanity begins to fill the Saudi lands --- such is the fate we consign ourselves to when we give in to fear. Fear that there will no better tomorrow for our land. Fear that we will left and ground to dust in the "wasteland" of the Philippines.

I only fear that I just haven't done enough.

In this swirl of thoughts, I hope to pick the wisdom I would need dearly for the rest of the week, and I would like to quote the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear (Frank Herbert's Dune):

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

No comments: