Monday, January 09, 2006

Looking for the Right One

My middle sister is getting married, God willing, by this June. Plans are afoot already and I can only wish the couple every bit of happiness they can find.

It's my sister's blessing to finally settle down with the right person, and it took her a trip outside the country to do it. Not that I'm complaining, Dubai and Dammam are two totally different worlds in terms of the dating culture and openness.

My mind and my words always echo my belief that I will find the right one for me provided I become the right kind of person for anyone. In other words, I don't have to look so hard when women will come out and see that I'm the kind of person they are looking for. I'm trying here, and I'll just hold up my arms in protest if people don't believe it.

I'm trying here. It's a tough ride, but it will get better. If only there's a sign out there that tells me the journey is approaching some kind of destination.

@listening to : Looking for the Right One, by Art Garfunkel, off his debut solo album. Written by Stephen Bishop, and Art provides the kind of styling and vocal quality Stephen is also known for, though I'll give the nod to Art as a vocalist. Stephen is a better songwriter than singer.

I've been so unlucky
I'm no good at playing games
I remember their faces
Forget their names.
Thought I'd found the right one
But she hasn't found me
So I bundle up my emotions and start...

Looking for the Right One.
But will the Right One ever come along?
Oh, I'm looking for the Right One
When will the Right One come along?

They say there's no use runnin'
After something you'll never get
But my heart says
"Don't say no."
Somewhere in this lonesome city
Is the woman for me
But would I wait another lifetime just to keep on...

Looking for the Right One.
But will the Right One ever come along?
Oh, I'm looking for the Right One
When will the Right One come along?


They say love always comes and goes
Well, that I already know.
Yes, I really know.

Looking for the Right One.
But will the Right One ever come along?
Looking for the Right One
When will the Right One come along?

No comments: