Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Headlong To June

in(s)ane ramblings: This Week's Friday Five

Let's face it - I'm not getting anything significant done today or anytime soon. So I'll stop pretending and let my mind range onto other things.

The benefits of anti-depressant medicine - yeah, I'll get romping and stomping to finish each and every project assigned to me! Hahahahahaha! (more diabolical laughter in the background). Yup, even my own private jokes aren't that funny, so chuckling to myself isn't all that great either. *Sigh*

Rant for the day: F**ckin' Saudi banks and their f**ckin' inefficiency. Well, just one particular bank, whom I will not advertise since they don't deserve it. Yada, yada, loads of cash, no customer service initiative, faces of discrimination everywhere. And they do it even with their own citizens. Go figure!

I go this morning to the designated bank (branch of which is in the vicinity of our office) for encashing my vacation cheque and the system is down. The bank staff say that they have no clue as to when the system will be up and running; they tell me to run along to their Dammam branch to see if I can encash the cheque. A few minutes before midday I arrive at one of their Dammam branches and this bank's staff say the system would be up in 30 minutes' time; problem is they have broken time and won't open 'til four in the afternoon. So I return to the office and go back to the original branch. Which isn't really that bad, except their lines are notoriously long, it's baking out in the early afternoon sun, and I didn't have convenient land transportation (translation - walking out).

I dig the exercise, mind, but not the heat! Ruins my office-boy complexion, hahahahahaha! Turns out the system is down, likely for the entire f**ckin' day. Great --- just post a sign that says "This bank no do business because system crappy!"

Yummy Saudi meals - the many ways Middle Easterners cook their rice (something, I think, they picked up from the Indians) astound me. My tongue and taste buds, I mean. I bought a rice meal with half-a-chicken (two packs of it) and brought it back to the office to eat. Man, the rice tasted awfully good! However, the oily stuff got to me and that always does funny things to my stomach. Yup, I'm having a really fantastic, fantastic day.

At least there will be airport pick-up for me when I get home. I also got my passport and packed all my stuff for the air cargo to pick up later this evening. Guess I will have come to work tomorrow just to have my cheque encashed. Well, I'm pleased I got most everything I wanted today. Wished that I could have it all.

Rushing headlong to the month of June! First time in many years I've looked forward to this month --- for the longest time it was the month that school started, which meant the end of the summer vacation (and all its languor). Now, it's a welcome respite from the Middle East. Hope it will last longer and that I spend more quality time instead of boozing.

(Fat chance, meathead. And this is your conscience talking, buddy. You're weak, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WILLPOWER! No cojones! Grovel, you worm! Grovel and beg for release! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Linking now to one of my friends's sites and putting in my own contribution.

1) When you were little what was your favorite TV show(s)?
Sesame Street! Fraggle Rock! Most of the Saturday Fun Machine shows, but particularly Blackstar and Zorro. Dedicated Superfan of the Superfriends! Lots more really, like CHiPs, Three's Company, Benson, The A-Team, The Incredible Hulk.

2) What was your favorite movie?
Tough question. Watched too many - but going by viewing, "Transformers the Movie" (about 20 times, still remember 80% of the dialogue). Going by effect, "The Godfather."

3) What is your favorite TV show currently?
"24" and "CSI" (Original)

4) What is the best movie you have seen so far this year?
The only ones I've seen on the wide screen this year are "Mission: Impossible 3," "V for Vendetta," and "16 Blocks." The best ones I've seen on video are "Crash" (a mediocre movie, but o.k. enough) and "Brokeback Mountain" (overrated and overdone). The most fun I had is an oldie from five years back - "The 51st State."

5) If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why?
It's tough to cast an actor to play me --- the closest would be Dinky Doo, Jr. and Bayani Agbayani. And they won't be able to pull it off, I think. I was once called a "Roderick Paulate" (still mystifies me to this day, though it still gives me the chuckles up to now) and no, I don't want him to play me either. ... Of course, that's assuming some idiot would want to put up money for my movie (tough chance!).

No comments: