Monday, February 13, 2012

Of Firsts and of Truth

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond - e.e. cummings

I was not really into the series "Beauty and the Beast" because, of course, it was the late '80s and I hadn't outgrown cartoons yet, and I wasn't a fan of romance on TV either.

By the time the show was cancelled I finally understood what it meant, what it means, to welcome the presence of love in one's life, and I also discovered the work of e.e. cummings.  I  bought a cassette tape of the the soundtrack, with my favorite track - (The First Time I Loved Forever) as the headliner.  Ron Perlman was great as Vincent, the "Beast" and I probably watched a few episodes of the show only because of Linda Hamilton (on whom I had a crush since "The Terminator").

There will never be a replacement of the first love, of that first exciting moment - as things should be, when experienced for the first time.

It will not, however, replace, the eternal flame of the true love that forever kindles once found.

No comments: