Friday, June 01, 2007

Lifting Off from the Tarmac of Dubai

I spent the last workweek in Dubai on training for the Company. Some thoughts...

You know you look your age when the girl you think you're hitting on replies to each of your sallies with "po" or "opo." Downright deflating...

You know you're old and that your window of opportunity is quickly closing when even girls who would seem desperate for your company assume that you're married.

You know you're getting long in the tooth when the random stranger asks "how are your kids?"

You know you're getting old when your mind does a double-take when you're ogling sexually precocious sixteen-year old hotties. (It's jail for you, grandpa!)

As you can probably divine, the week didn't go off all that well. Catching up with friends and family in Dubai is great but aside from that, getting one's ego squished feels just as bad as it sounds. I wasn't really that kind of fellow girls would cheat on their signifcant others for, but even so, a little thrill would have helped.

I'm glad I'm bound for Manila and getting to try all over again. But nah, all you have to do is wave some cash around and some poor git will probably bite.

That, I think, is probably even more depressing.

I saved a girl from being attacked last night --- I controlled myself.
Rodney Dangerfield

No comments: