Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Handing out the Saccharine... and then Some

This will be my last blog for the next few days. Preparations for "First Snow of November," my first formal theater directing job, are underway. Since I will be playing the lead for one performance, I need all the artistic energy for this.

So I'll hand out the sweet nothings while I can. My choice for today, before I sign off, is "My Foolish Heart," version of Astrud Gilberto. Now that's a lady with a voice to kill for.

The night is like a lovely tune
Beware my foolish heart
How white the ever constant moon
Take care my foolish heart
There's a line between love and fascination
That's hard to see on an evening such as this
For they both give off the very same sensation
When you're lost in the magic of a kiss.
Her lips are very close to mine
Beware my foolish heart
And should our eager lips combine
Then let the fires start.
For this isn’t just imagination
Or a dream that will fade and fall apart…
It’s love, it’s love this time
My foolish heart.

No comments: