Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Post-Birthday Depression

The powers-that-be in the Philippines are calling for a retake of June 2006 nursing board examinations. Students protest the opportunity to prove themselves capable again. D-uh? Sure, it's an inconvenience, but so long as one is not paying to take the exam again, I don't see any problem retaking it. In fact, if I were one of the students retaking it, I should be glad to.

But no, that wasn't what I wanted to say.

The soap opera that makes up Philippine elections took another turn when the complaint against Comelec and the consortium that won the automation scheme (MegaPacific) gets thrown into the wastebasket, against all evidence to the contrary. Now why would we want any form of electoral exercise to take place if we can't even trust our own Comelec?

But no, that wasn't what I wanted to say either.

Our production, "Apat na Sulok ng Pag-Ibig" was a resounding success. I'll post pictures on my Flickr account soon enough.

Really, seriously, I feel condemned by bad luck.

I dropped my phone while I was pressing my shirt this morning and it showcased a crack across its wide screen.

Damn! I knew I should have gotten a Nokia.

Oh well, that's seven years of bad luck for me. When this phone hits the two-year mark, I will sell it for scrap in the Philippines. Maybe my bad luck will leave me then.

But then again, the bad luck of purchasing another expensive phone will haunt me! Hahahahaha!

No comments: