Thursday, March 10, 2005

Craven

I crave
I crave to be free
I crave to be me
Unmistaken to be a shining star
Firmly placed in the heavenly vault
A sign
A hope

I crave
I crave for the truth
I crave for my youth
Unknowing grasping at unknown
Folly to want so much wisdom
A shoot
A spur

I crave
I crave for a love

Not lost
Yet not understanding
Riding the rollercoaster of life
Dread
Terror
Going down the chasm
Yet wanting it again
and again
and again

Home
Clutched in my mother's arms
Bearing a sword in her defense
Wanting to be weak
Wanting to be a child
Wanting to let go
Craving
To be
Craven

Craven
No lies on my face
No false hopes
No questions
No doubts
No walls
No defenses
But no true love

Riven
Divided by expectation
Torn
Battered
Scarred
World wanting so much
Having everything and nothing to give
Distorted
Discarded
Forgotten

Craven
No reason to be brave
No reason to behave
I live
I thrive
I seek
Love hides
So it must be
So it always has been

Searching for the true song
A song of love
A song of living
A song of deliverance
No meaning hiding between the lines
For that song says

You are
I am
We are together
But we are two
Belonging
But strong even alone.

Until that day comes
I crave
Until that day comes
I crave
I admit loss
Inconsequence
Solitude
Pain
Fear

I am craven
But I am me

No comments: